Website Design: Joomla Web Design and development in London
Joomla! CMS – the award-winning web publishing tool
With Joomla! CMS, you get one of the best and most widely used publishing system to manage your website yourself. The system is an open source software and completely free to use. Joomla! is extremely flexible and is used to make everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications for the Web. The software is used and enhanced daily by tens of thousands of system developers worldwide.
Joomla! CMS is one of the most downloaded on the Web
Joomla! is one of today’s best, most powerful and most downloaded CMS. Each month it is downloaded more than 400 000 times! There are over 50 000 developers who devote themselves assiduously to improve the system and add even more functionality!
Joomla! currently has over 160 000 registered members and is probably the largest and most well-proven web publishing tool on the market today.
In 2007 it won the first prize for the best Open Source CMS in PHP for the second consecutive year.
Connect to more features gradually
With Joomla! follows the possibility of a large number of free add-on (modules) for various purposes. These can easily be connected to the system over time as your business needs change.
If you do not have as great need of a great site right now you can start with a small and build to the due course. Your website is growing in such a way as your business and its prerequisites. Joomla! is extremely flexible and scalable and can be built into in a simple manner.
Search engine friendly and easy with Joomla!
The system is search engine friendly and follow the W3C standard which card means that the content and design are separate. There are many other advantages such as that you can have different users with different rights to edit the website. You can have different layouts of each page or create a member database. The possibilities are endless.
Examples of basic functions that are included in all Joomla! CMS
- Scheduled publishing
- Unlimited number of pages
- You can create different rights for different users
- Flexible template system. You can make completely different layouts for the pages on your site
- You work in an ordinary text editor, like Word
- There is a media handler to upload photos, videos, documents, etc.
- You can easily manage your registered members via the backend
- Unlimited number of menus
- Built-in reader surveys, so-called “Polling”
- There are two editing modes. You can log in and make changes via either the backend or frontend
- RSS feed for home page
- News Feed – the ability to link into categorized news in RSS format from different data producers / magazines
Examples of Module add-ons which can be downloaded free of charge
- Translation tools – you can have a multilingual website
- E-commerce / web shop
- Ad Management
- Video playback – download from such Youtube or own
- Document Management
- Comments on the website
- Product Catalog
- Backup Tools
- RSS feed for all parts of the site
- Ability to implement Google AdSense and Others Affiliates
… and many, many more
Some of the benefits of Joomla! CMS
- It is completely free which saves you from having to pay expensive license fees
- You may have access to future updates and versions of the system completely free of charge
- You can update your website yourself
- You are not locked into a particular supplier, but you are completely free to adapt and develop the system
- The system is used and enhanced daily by thousands of users worldwide
- It is future-proof
- It is reliable, easy to install and use
- It is well documented and tested
- A flexible system to easily add additional functionality in the form of plugins
- There are a lot of plugins with many functions such as e-commerce, forums, etc.
- The system is search engine friendly
- It is possible to customize for different needs – flexible
- The system follows W3C standard