Facebook Business Page
Why should your company join Facebook and create a company page?
- I don’t have time to hang out on Facebook!
- No, Facebook is not for us, we are a for-profit business
- We don’t have staff enough to hang out on Facebook all day long
- It’s just a matter of time before Facebook goes in the grave, then there will something else
The arguments about why one shouldn’t join Facebook are many, one sillier than the other.
To have a business page on Facebook is positive and in most cases very successfully. Just how successful is up to you.
Facebook is a network, a news site, an address book. Facebook is business. Your customers and your friends are on Facebook and as long as they are around, so will their Facebook account. It is no fantasy world but a link between you, your friends, your partners and your customers. It is a platform, a place where you can see everything happening around you in the real world. Facebook is not a place where you necessarily have to spend several hours a day, but a reality that reflects all that is happening around you, your friends and your colleagues. Refusing Facebook is about as smart as saying that the Internet is a fad.
So what can you do on Facebook, then? What is the purpose?
If you have a private account, it is simply a network where you gather friends and acquaintances. 500 million people, or every second person in the world, has an account on Facebook. It says a lot.
Some good reasons to create a company Facebook page
• It takes you one step closer to customers. Do not tell us your customers are not online, they are! Even Grandparents are on the net and they are also the fastest growing internet user group!
• It’s a very simple way to have a two-way communication with customers.
• Show the human side of business and thus create a loyalty that you can’t create anywhere else, regardless how much resources you put in for example banner advertising.
• Feel the pulse of your customers. Who are they? What do they think about you? Do not be afraid of criticism, it is out there anyway. Better to accept it yourself in order to respond constructively, or have customers letting off steam on other forums where you don’t have a chance to respond.
• Allowing customers to interact.
And through all this, you should obviously find clever ways to increase sales.
To find out more - contact Decho today on 020 7127 5121